Sunday, January 1, 2012

Not just cards!

I've been very busy lately!  Now that I have taken some time off from playing the organ for services at my church, I am using that time to play with the new toys I got for Christmas.  I started with this necklace.  My precious daughter-in-law, Andra, gave me a Xyron.  I had heard about them, but didn't know how much I needed one!!!  I ran a piece of Basic Black (SU) cardstock through the Xyron and adhered it to chipboard.  Then I ran that through the oval die cutter to come up with the background for my collage.  I stamped the R with the wonderful Broadstreet Alphabet stamp set from SU.  I love it that all the letters are a different type font.  Then I punched that out with the SU scalloped oval punch.  Love that punch!  I made a rosette by scoring the striped paper every quarter inch first then punching it with the scalloped edge punch (SU).  Then I punched out other shapes and added the butterflies in Very Vanilla cardstock (SU) which were cut with the Embosslits Beautiful Wings (that cuts and embossing all at once!)  Love that Embosslit.  I punched holes for the jump rings and tassel which I had in my stash, added the chain and a little lime green bling -  and voila!  A great necklace that matched the outfit I wore to church this morning.  This was so much fun I will make more - probably for the ladies who admired mine this morning!!!  What fun I had making it and then wearing it.  I might make more for myself - in different colors and themes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I see you're in creative heaven now. So clever to use SU! for jewelry to match your wardrobe! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete