Sunday, May 27, 2012

Birthdays All Around!

There are several birthdays in May and June (including my own!) so I have been making special cards.  One of my favorite techniques is the Treat Cup Slider on Split Coast Stampers (http://www.splitcoasstampers.com) created by Lydia Fiedler.  I seem to keep finding new ways to interpret this card. It is really labor intensive - at least for those of us with a short attention span! I tend to look at the pictures and forget some of the steps so I mess up a lot! However, it's all worth it in the end. Here is the card I created for Robert's birthday. Robert is an avid gardener and grows lots of butterfly attracting plants including the milkweed that attracts Monarch's. I believe he reported 68 caterpillars one day. The evolution must have been amazing to watch. At any rate, I created this card as a nod to his love of flowers and butterflies. Too bad I missed the cake!!!  


Tuesday is Charlotte Ann's birthday.  She was born exactly one week before my second birthday!  So I don't remember much of life without her.  She has been my rock for as long as I can remember.  When I was 5 (she was three) I was taken to kindergarten.  Being a very shy child (I know, it's very hard to believe, but true nonetheless!) I cried and cried because I did not want to be left there.  Charlotte Ann came up to me, put her arm around me and said, "Don't cry Turter (that's three year old for Sister), I'll stay with you."  And she has always been there when I needed her.

We also have waaaaay too much fun for adults.  That's probably because we are Geminis and Geminis never really grow up (The Peter Pan Syndrome!)  We both play music - piano, flute, sax - and sing, so when we get together there is lots of wonderful noise!  And lots of laughter.  We both love to sew as well.  Our grandmother's were both amazing seamstresses.  I guess we got that gene from both sides.  This card takes it's cue from that love of sewing.  Happy Birthday, little Turter!


The chick in the hot pink dress points up the fact that Charlotte Ann stands out in a crowd!!!


2 comments:

  1. I don't know which one I like the best! You're A Star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca you are amazing!!! What a fantastic use of the slider - I love how you stamped the cupcake on the slide too. And I ADORE the dress form card!!

    We love our Monarchs here too - I'm a big obsessed with butterflies :)

    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete