Friday, June 15, 2012

Pretty Little Works of Art

I really love easel cards!  This card was created for a friend who has been very ill.  I do hope it will cheer her and help her to recover quickly.  It also gave me the opportunity to use some new toys that I had not used before, i.e. Heartfelt Creation's "Decorative Chateau Gate" die and "Outside My Window" stamp set.  There are lots and lots of layers.  The image of a mill is hand colored using SU Markers and and Aquapainter.  It turned out pretty wonderful even if I do say so myself!  I will definitely be using this die and stamp set again.

Since I love the easel card so much, I made another 6X6 using only Stampin' Up! paper, ink and accessories (except for the brown ribbon and lace which were in my sewing stash!)  This Elegant Bird die is to die for!!!  The color combination is pretty cool as well.  Pool Party is my all time favorite blue (I describe it as a warm aqua blue - reminds me of the Caribbean).


This is waytoo much fun to be legal!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment