Sunday, February 12, 2012

Defying Gravity - almost!

      This has been a really crazy week.  The full moon, while beautiful, played all kinds of heck with my abilities to glue things together straight!  Or maybe it was the gravitational pull of Saturn, or Venus.  Whatever it was, I had one heck of a time.  Lots of things went in the trash and there was lots of mumbling explitives under my breath.  Not the kind of relaxing fun I usually have when I play with paper and ink.  Oh well, the cards are done now and all I have to do is put them in the mail (some of them anyway.)
     My mom is turning 86 on the 19th so I made a special card for her.  I also  made some pretty kitchen accessories to send her.  One can never have too many pretty cup towels!  This one has a design that looks like Spring.  I need Spring right now.  Here's the card.  Happy birthday, Mom.
And here is the cup towel and dishcloth.  I embroidered the cup towel and crocheted the dishcloth!

     Our good friend, Mikey, has a birthday on Tuesday (Valentine's Day).  I had fun making this "masculine" card for him.  He also has a great sense of humor so I used funny quotes.  The inside says "What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about!"  Happy Birthday, Mikey.

     And of course, there's Valentine's Day proper.  I made Valentines for my BFFs.  Here are a couple of them.
 

     And now for the most important happening this week.  Valentine's Day is also mine and Richard's wedding anniversary.  Wow!  14 years - where did that time go?  It seems like yesterday - and yet it seems as though we have always been together.  Love you, Babe.  Hope you like the cards I created just for you -  Happy Valentine's Day, my love.

And Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!

   Whew!  It's been a busy week.  I think I'll just enjoy the next few days.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment