Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Merry Christmas. Really?

      Note to self.  When photographing a card with a cream colored background, use a contrasting color for the background!  Oh well, it still shows up pretty well.  I'm doing the Christmas Card Challenge on Split Coast Stampers (www.splitcoaststampers.com).  I signed up to do two a month.  That should give me a pretty good head start by the time December rolls around.  Especially since I only got a very few cards out this past Christmas.  Here are my first two for January.  Got 'em done just in time!

     I love creating backgrounds with stamps.  The angel, harp and snowflakes were stamped on the cardstock.  Then I used new paper from Stampin' Up! called Everyday Elegance.  I like using things that aren't particularly theme oriented to add color and interest.  This one is a keeper.
     The next one is made with Stampin' Up! Frostwood Lodge Designer Paper and the new Doily die. They are both so terribly Victorian. I love the doily in Real Red.  Who says doilies have to be white?  Not I!


     This is a pretty good start on my Christmas Card stash.  Maybe I'll go ahead and sign them, address them and get them realy to mail!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment